One to Watch: Me Before You

Sunday, January 24, 2016

After an embarrassingly long amount of time spent without reading books, I finally picked up the one I bought late last year. After You is the sequel to Me Before You, which I read and reviewed here over 3 years ago, promptly adding it to my 'Favourite Books EVER' list. Anyway, it brought back all the feels (yes, it's an emotional book so I can warrant using the phrase) and reminded me that the film adaptation is heading our way soon.

Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games series) star as the leading characters Lou and Will, perfect choices as these roles are pretty heavy ones to play. It's a very non-cheesy story of love and life: a young woman who has never left her hometown, and a man who has been paralysed in a car accident. They change each other's lives in a...well, irreversible life-changing way. There's an impressive list of supporting cast too, including Jenna Coleman, Matthew Lewis and Charles Dance. Plus, the original novel author Jojo Moyes is penning the script.

It's not out til June this year - the release date has been pushed back and forth a bit, but I'm looking forward to it so much regardless!

The official trailer has not yet been released, but here are some behind-the-scenes photos from the filming.




You Might Also Like

0 comments